Saturday, January 17, 2009

mid January and what to say?

I'm glad I posted some watch pix, and should post more. This is the fat guy spot, but I do need to bore people with other things as well. I find it amazing....if I stop buying watches....the prices drop. I honestly think I can control the $$ = whatever by my watch buying...just wait...I'll want to buy nothing overseas...Swiss, Asian, anywhere..the dollar will gain value...just wait and see.
.
I can't say I've been really inventive in the kitchen lately either......I've been cooking, but I've been trying to trim down my cooking.....maybe it'l be the diary of a skinny guy :).......maybe... Our dryer did die recently....and I did get to see what an arc flash looks like in person...now I know why it makes the testes of electricians crawl up and out of sight.........it was impressive, if not right damn scary. There is another unwanted, yet necessary purchase....anyway...
.
lets cut some poultry.....shall we?....I do love some chicken...or turkey, game hens.....hell, I'd eat a penguin if I had one.....let's keep it simple....start with a mortar and pestle and about two tb's of black pepper corns. Fresh pepper is always better in my opinion.
.
Photobucket
.
now, well add some herbs...nice flavor...some rosemary, thyme and sage, give those a quick chop,
.Photobucket
.
and toss them in with the cracked pepper from before, add a bit of oil and a good bit of salt, and beat them till they look like lawn clippings....like so...
.
Photobucket
.
Now...we'll deal with the chicken....I decided to butterfly this bird....why not? Ltes start with the backbone....it's easy to locate, and I usually run a knife down it, to give myself a good line to follwo..
.Photobucket
.
Following said line, remove the backbone of the bird....it's easy with shears...kinda noisy..but easy..like said..... >
.Photobucket
.
With the back out, we'll help with the cooking time. Make cuts into the thigh joints, and under the wings....this will help prevent that odd pink meat that nobody wants, and go ahead and trim off the ends of the legs, it makes for a better presentation, though I'm not one for presentation....
.
Photobucket
.
Photobucket
.Photobucket
.
OK...now, flip that bird....and give it a nice chop down the breat bone, that will seperate it and let the bird lay flat.....nice and flat.
.Photobucket
.Photobucket
.
Now...take the lawn clippings from before and smear the bird, front and back......get it all in there..al the nooks and such.....
.Photobucket
.
and this is where I'll leave you.......create from here.......:)...no.......throw that bird in the oven at about 425 (skin up) for about 15 minutes, then drop the heat to 325 for another 20 minutes, then flip the bird, and put back into the oven for another 20 minutes...or till it hit an internal temp ot 160....take out and cover with foil, and it'll hit 170 in about 10 minutes......carve and enjoy, and adjust as necessary...please submit feedback......cheers and enjoy. greg

1 comment:

Streetshooter said...

looking at raw poultry makes me gag! raw sirloin, that's another story.